Habitat Young Professionals are grassroots volunteers who work within a local Habitat for Humanity affiliate to create change in their communities. Habitat Young Professionals aim to inspire, mobilize and connect young professionals to Habitat’s mission of creating a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Through the diverse demographic of young professionals and their talents, chapters create unity in sharing the vision of Habitat nationally and globally.
- Directly serve with partners and Habitat for Humanity Capital Region and Habitat for Humanity International to help accomplish Habitat’s mission.
- Educate chapter members, the local community and members’ networks about the work and mission of Habitat Capital Region.
- Advocate on behalf of people in need of decent shelter and for an end to poverty housing.
- Raise funds for the work of Habitat for Humanity Capital Region.
- Participate and create space for transformational leadership and professional development.
- Build networking opportunities: Habitat for Humanity International’s Youth Programs will help connect HYP chapters with one another so they can better share ideas and lessons.
- Earn leadership opportunities: Established chapter members can join the HYP council or mentor new chapters, as well as engage with senior HFHI and Habitat for Humanity Capital Region staff.
- Build brand recognition: Each chapter gets its own logo and ongoing support from HFHI and Habitat Capital Region.
- Gain access to scholarships, grants and international travel.
- Gain access to training and resources designed specifically for HYP chapters to help recruit, engage and mobilize members.